I will keep my mouth shut...today

It is the first day back at school for the kids. THE FIRST DAY! I am already experiencing the need to go full feral mama bear on a kid at school who bullied my 13 year old. Obviously, I won't, for now, but I want to. I do not understand why others, especially girls, feel the need to put people down. We as women already have things stacked against us everywhere we turn. Why do girls think its okay to hate on others and to make it their sole purpose in life to cause another pain? I had high hopes for today, but life seems to have a sense of humor. As a parent, the feeling of helplessness when it comes to trials your children face, is almost unbearable. You want to take their pain away. You want them to know what you know now and be able to implement that in their young lives. They can't. They have to go through it. They have to learn, grow, and do it for themselves. Of course you support and share advice. I have already said my prayers and offered my thoughts and opinions on what I think should happen, but it can only go so far. She won't listen to me because as her mom, what I say right now won't sink in the way the words of her peers will. I have to just trust her and hope other parents are doing their part on teaching their children how to treat others. 

Fingers crossed.

Comments

Popular Posts